Sunday, May 11, 2014

Spa Day and Star Wars

My Mother's Day

Ironically, I am creating this blog, and writing my first post on Mother's Day. Is it ironic? Maybe not, maybe it's just fitting? This blog, after all, is about a homeschooling mommy (me) blogging about mommy things in a home-school life.
I could go back to the beginning (homeschooling day #1) and start talking to you about the failures and successes of my official start date (or the unofficial start). But I won't. I figure the easiest and less stressful approach (sticky note: avoiding stress wherever possible is an art form I want to master) is to begin with what's going on today.
This morning, my youngest daughter who from now on I will refer to as my Kindergarten Drop Out (or KDO) presented me with breakfast - a delicious pb&j and a glass of milk. While I ate, using Fancy Nancy Ooh La La Beauty Day as a guide, she gathered supplies to create a spa. She named it Surprise... something... something... Spa. Ok, I forgot - I'm a horrible mom.
She took everything to the bathroom where she washed and conditioned my hair, dried it with a towel, and styled it. Next, she took out the nail polish. At this point, my oldest daughter, My Ballerina noticed what was going on and asked KDO if she could join in. KDO did my nails. MB did my toes. Then, my toddler noticed. He grabbed some nail polish. He did the second coating on my toes.

You will soon learn that I rarely... read more [This post has been moved to our new website: homeschoolofthearts.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment